Checking Verification Status of Volunteers
If an administrator wishes to check on the verification status of a volunteer, they can go the volunteer's contact record.
A new section will appear on the contact record labeled "Verified Volunteers Information"
In this section the following fields are present:
Verification Result - shows the level of the check completed. This is automatically populated by Verified Volunteers and should not be edited by administrators. The following picklist values are used:
- In Progress
- Considered - background check has been completed, but something has turned up on it. It is advisable that the administrator logs into Verified Volunteers and decides whether to mark that volunteer as eligible or ineligible based on the findings.
- Cleared - background check has come back with no problems.
- Eligible - A considered or cleared level has been reviewed on the Verified Volunteer site by the administrator, and adjudicated as eligible.
- Ineligible - A considered or cleared level has been reviewed on the Verified Volunteer site by the administrator, and adjudicated as ineligible. (Ineligible volunteeers will not be able to sign up for background check required opportunities in the future.
Verification Report URL: - a link that takes you to this contact's verification report on Verified Volunteer's website. Click on this to review and adjudicate 'considered' background checks. If you are not already logged into the Verified Volunteer system you will be prompted to login.
Verification Start Date: the date the verification was requested
Verification Level: populated by Verified Volunteer showing the results. Shows Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3
Verification Expiration Date: is the day that background check is no longer considered valid. When the expiration date has passed - the background check level and result will be cleared from the contact record. (Note: Volunteers will be alerted via email when their check is due to expire and advised to run a new background check.)
How does the "verification result" value affect opportunity sign-up?
If a contact's verification result is Considered, Cleared or Eligible, HOC will allow the volunteer to sign up for an opportunity requiring that level (or less) of a completed background check.
Note that a 'considered' verification result makes it possible for the volunteer to sign up for opportunities for up to 30 days if not reviewed. They are not blocked from doing so until you adjudicate the check and mark them as ineligible.
We recommend that if you set someone's background check to ineligible, you look at any confirmed connections they may have for Verified Volunteer required opportunities, and decide if you wish to decline them as volunteers.
Volunteers receive email notifications when their check is coming up for expiration, and when they've been marked as eligible.
There are three email notifications sent from HandsOn Connect via workflow.
You can customize the messaging in these three email templates by going to setup / email templates
- Verified Volunteer - 7 days notice -- Notifies volunteer that their background check expires in 7 days and has a link to your site to initiate the background check process again.
- Verified Volunteer - 30 days Notice - Notifies volunteer that their background check expires in 30 days and has a link to your site to initiate the background check process again.
- Verified Volunteer - Eligible Status -- notifies the volunteer their background check is completed and they have been made eligible and they can now sign up for VV opportunities. They are not notified automatically until you have adjudicated their cleared or considered result, and marked them as eligible.
On the admin site, there is also a convenient view of all verified volunteers in your database
Go to the contacts tab and click on the view "Verified Volunteers)