Reset Salesforce Authenticator
If you switched phones and can no longer access Salesforce or want to change your authenticator app the steps below will help reconfigure your Salesforce Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
When you set up a multi-factor authenticator, you often have the option to choose from several apps or methods to authenticate. A few of the most common apps are:
- Salesforce Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Google Authenticator
We recommend using an authenticator like Authy that allows access from different devices to prevent getting locked out if you change phones.
How you disconnect a users current authenticator in Salesforce (so you may select a new authenticator method the next time the user logs in. )
- Log into Salesforce
- Click the Gear icon and then click Setup
- Use the Quick Find Box and search for Users
- Locate and select the User who needs to reset their authenticator
- Scroll down a bit to find the section that references One-Time Password Authenticator and Salesforce Authenticator
- Click the one that says Disconnect to formally disconnect the authenticator for the user.
- The user should now log out (if they are currently logged in) and log back into Salesforce
- When they log in this time, they will be prompted to setup a new authenticator.