Company Information: Monitoring your license usage and data storage
Your nonprofit edition of SalesForce / HandsOn Connect comes with a set number of licenses, logins, and data storage. Here's how to monitor your usage (and predict if you will be incurring extra charges from Salesforce for going over. Its recommended that System Administrators keep an eye on this information to anticipate if you are exceeding limits and incurring extra costs from Salesforce.
Setup / Admin Setup / Company Profile / Company Information
Setup / Admin Setup / Company Profile / Company Information gets you to your company profile.
Make sure the following is correct:
- Organization Name (the name of your volunteer program as it appears on the website -- NOT your parent organization)
- Phone Number (in a readable format. Avoid 3231231234 and use 323-123-1234 or (323) 123-1234. It will be used on pages in the system exactly as it appears here.
- Make sure your default time zone is correct.
1) Here you'll see a summary of your license information. You'll see how many licenses you have, how many you've used, and how many remain. It will also show you how many monthly logins are allocated to the portal licenses, and how many have been used for the month.
2) Here you'll see your used data and file space and what percentage of capacity you've reached. Clicking on "View" will take you to Setup / Data Management / Storage Usage where you'll see the detailed view of your data storage as illustrated below.
The Storage Usage view:
Here you can see how much data you've been allocated, and how much you've used. You can see the percentage of your total space that is used.
1- Data Storage= This is the total based on the number of records in the different objects.
2- File Storage= This is the total based on the number of items in the Documents and webpages.
3- Lists the total number of records by object and shows what percentage of the Data Storage it accounts for.
This page also includes information on WHO in your organization is using the space (so you can weed out staff members who are storing too many files!), which files are taking up the most space, which data types are taking up the most space, total numbers of records, and more. The above illustration just shows PART of the detailed information that is available here which can help you keep your data and storage pruned to avoid extra charges.