Creating a Skills Profile
Volunteer can create a skills profile that can be used to qualify them for volunteer opportunities that require specific skills.
This skill profile is also used by the site administrators and partner staff organizations to find suitable matches for volunteers with specific skills who they can invite to skill-based opportunities.
Clicking on the left subnavigation "Skills" in the My Account section of the website allows a volunteer to self-report on their skill levels in a wide variety of areas.
1. They can specify whether they accept invitations to volunteer for opportunities that have been matched for their skills
2. They can specify how far they are willing to travel to use those skills for a volunteer opportunity
3. They can expand any of the Skill Categories to reveal the specific skills within each category
4. They can use the slider to indicate if they have that skill, and to what extent: Low, Medium, High or Expert
5. They can optionally click on 'Add Training/Certification' to add documentation about the skill