Self-Reporting Volunteer Hours
Volunteers Can Self-Report service hours for Volunteer Opportunities that weren't found on your public site. This enables them to keep a complete volunteer history on the site.
Note: Self-Reporting may be on or off for your public site. It can be enabled or disabled by request.
When Self-Reporting is turned on for your organization - you have several options to customize self reporting:
1) You can allow (or not allow) reporting a regular schedule of dates (i.e. Every Monday during the last two months).
2) You can allow or not allow self-reporting to non-partner organizations.
Click on the link for "Self-Report Your Volunteer Service" found in the "My Account" section of the navigation
This takes the user to the system page /self-reported-hours. (Note: This page must be enabled by the system administrator using the CMS system. It can be placed here in the My Account section (default) Or it can be placed elsewhere in the navigation. It should only be visible as a navigation option when the user is in a logged in state.)
1. Volunteers can search for a partner organization by typing in the name. If found, simply select the organization your wish to report your service for. If the organization cannot be found, then the text "Can't find your organization? Click here to enter a new organization" appears - and you are prompted to enter the organization name, contact name, and email address. (Note: this prompt does not appear if you choose NOT to enable self-reporting to outside organizations.)
2. Volunteers fill out this section to describe the name, date, start and end time of the opportunity they wish to self-report.
3. Clicking submit creates an opportunity and adds it to the Self-Reported Hours part of the My Account overview, in status "Awaiting Verification"
An email is sent to the organization asking them to verify the hours.
If the organization is not one of your partners, a separate email workflow is triggered (if report to outside organization is enabled).
The Self-Reported Opportunity shows up in the "Self-Reported Hours" section of the Overview page:
It remains there while awaiting verification, and when it gets verified it will be moved into the regular "Volunteer History" grid.
Self-Reporting Hours form if you click on "Don't see your organization, click here"
The Volunteer enters the name and contact info for an organization that isn't an active partner of yours.
An email will be sent to the entered contact's email address, asking them to consider becoming one of your partner organizations and requesting they verify the volunteer's service.
A connection record is created on the back end of the system.