Opportunity Detail Page
Clicking on a link from any opportunity search result (search page, calendar page, /searchresults block, or featured opportunity block will bring you directly to the Opportunity Details page.
- Opportunity Title, and a link to the organization being served by this opportunity and their website (the organization link takes you to the Organization Profile View which is found in the "Browse Organizations" section of the sitel.
- Information about the issues, populations, type of volunteer activity, and requirements for volunteering.
- Description of Volunteer Opportunity. Can be formatted with WYSIWYG editor for rich content including links, downloads , images and videos.
- Share Button, when clicked, provides widget access to sharing this opportunity via facebook, twitter, email or hundreds of other social networking sites.
- Sign up section gives date and time info about this occurrence, location, space remaining, and provides a link to contact the Opportunity leader if they have questions
- Sign Up Button. (For opportunities without automatic sign-up an express interest button appears here. (See illustration below)
- Link to sign-up with a Team of volunteers.
- For date and time specific opportunities - additional dates (occurrences) for the opportunity are also listed. The + button will expand the box so you can see the info about that occurrence.
Date and Time Specific Opportunities with more than one occurrence show additional dates in expandable tabs below the next upcoming occurrence.
Note: You cannot have more than 58 active, upcoming occurrences at one time. Exceeding this limit will result in the description page returning an 'authorization required' error page.
These opportunities may also have a 'custom question' as part of sign-up asking the volunteer to say when they are are interested in volunteering (based on the times when volunteers are needed). Opportunities that are 'express interest' have an express interest button - and require confirmation from the managing organization before a volunteer can attend the opportunity.
The opportunity detail page may indicate that an occurrence is part of a group of occurrences - where you are required to sign up for more than one occurrence at once.
Grouped Occurrences are an 'advanced feature' which can be enabled by a system administrator if desired to meet certain business needs and to simplify signing up for projects with multiple occurrences.
If you are not logged in when you click on a sign-up button you'll be prompted to login or register
Clicking on Login will present a log-in pop-up
Once logged in - the sign-up / express interest process will continue.
If you don't have an account and click on Register - you'll be taken to the registration page. Once registered, your signup for the opportunity will continue automatically.