Inserting Charts and Graphs in your Reports
You can use charts and graphics to make colorful and easy to understand representations of the reports you have created.
I want a gender breakdown on all Active Users of the System. I am using the All User - Demo Report.
You can only use graphs on Summary Reports.
1. I need to add Gender to the Report.
2. I need to change the Format from Tabular to Summary
3. I need to summarize by Gender
4. I am going to hide the details.
5. I need to view only Active Users
Notice a few things:
1. This is only sample data, not all my records
2. The Add Chart Button is now available.
Click on the Add Chart Button and the Chart Editor will appear in a new window.
1. Choose the Type of Chart you want.
2. A Preview of what your chart may look like
3. The Chart Data layout will change depending on the type of chart you use.
4. Additional Tab to format the chart
5. The Help button
In this case, we want a Pie Chart
When I choose the Pie Chart as the Type, the Chart Data changes. I want each slice to represent the number (or Count) of fields in each summary. See the preview in the right column has changed? Now I am going to click on Formatting.
Here I can add a Title, I can change the formatting, I can align the legend and add data labels. You can experiment here to find the most logical and easiest to comprehend representation of your data and records.
Remember, this is only a sampling of your data. To get a true presentation, you need to hit RUN the Report. When we do, we get back to the Run Report Window, and it looks like above. The chart appears above your data. Note the ability to change the size and to get back to the Chart Editor by hitting the Edit button. You can also choose the Edit button above the chart in the Customize Report Window
For those of you who would like more advance training on these Charts, you can check out: SF: Help and Training: Customizing Charts