Introduction to Reporting
One of the most powerful features in HOC is it's ability to do to the minute accurate reporting. In this lesson, we are going to take a quick tour of the Object: Reports.
As of Winter 12 release -- Salesforce has combined both Reports and Dashboards access into one tab marked Reports.
(There is still a 'Dashboards" tab available -- but its somewhat redundant now.
The Reporting Object
1. Creating New Reports and Dashboards is done here - at the top of the object.
2. All folders that reports are stored in here. You can do a 'quick find' for a specific folder by using the magnifying glass at the top of the column. Clicking on a specific folder will put the list of reports in that folder in the section to the right.
3. You can search for reports and dashboards quickly using this search lookup. (Note: If you don't have "All Reports" selected in the folders section to the left, it will only find results in the specific folder you've selected.
4. If you don't do a search -- the default list you see will be "Recently Viewed" and "All Types"
You can select "All Items" or "Reports I created" as a search filter as well.
The "Type" picklist allows you to view ALl types, just REPORTS, or just DASHBOARDS>
5. This tab will show you the most recent reports used.
SalesForce comes with a number of reports already built into the system. Some of them will mean something to your organization, some of them will not. Remember that Salesforce calls Organizations: Accounts. Remember, as well, that there is a big difference between a opportunity in Salesforce (which is a Sales thing) and a Volunteer Opportunity.
The Folder Section
1. The dropdown at the top allows you to create a new reports folder or new dashboard folder.
2. If you select an existing folder, a drop down appears to the right. Click on the triangle to edit the folder properties or delete the folder.
The Report Section
The report section shows you the individual reports that match your search criteria or folder selection (from the left folder list)
1. The picklist to the left of the report name drops down when you click on it. It allows you to Edit, Delete or Export the report directly.
2. Clicking on the Report Name will RUN the report.
The little icons to the left of the item denotes whether its a report (Looks like a little spreadsheet) or a dashboard (looks like a little chart)
There are three 'special' folders that every user has access to:
Unfiled Public Reports is a place to stash reports that you are experimenting with and aren't sure where they should be stashed. It's a temporary holding area until you decide what folder you ultimately think I report should live in.
My Personal Custom Reports and My Personal Dashboards are places to store reports that are for your use only. This way you don't clutter up the folders shared with other users with reports you intend only for your own personal use. No one else can access the reports or dashboards stored in your 'personal folders'
You can customize what columns appear in the reports tab by clicking on a column heading
Columns can be resized by dragging the column width.
You can also control what columns appear and what order they are sorted by, by clicking the dropdown arrow and choosing a sort, and/or click columns to choose which columns of information appear in your reports.
Add your comment