How to Change Your Opportunity Approval Manager
If you have recently made or are about to make staffing changes to your Opportunity Approval Manager, please follow these steps to transition HandsOn Connect to the new approval manager. These steps will ensure that your new Opportunity Approval Manager gets all the notifications they should of new opportunities and occurrences being submitted and of changes to existing opportunities and occurrences. If the new approval manager is new to your staff you will first need to set them up with a user login for Salesforce and then follow the steps below.
Change Opportunity Approval Manager in Control Panel
Globally Change Approval Manager
If your organization uses the same Opportunity Approval Manager for all opportunities you will want to globally change the manager. 1) Perform a lookup to the new Opportunity Approval Manager, 2) check Apply to ALL Orgs. and 3) click Save. **Please note once the changes are saved the check in the Apply to ALL Orgs box will disappear but it will have been applied to all opportunities.
Note: if you use different opportunity approval managers for different organization's opportunities -- you will have to manually update these records. Checking on 'apply to all orgs' will update ALL records with just the one opportunity approval manager.
Notes about error messages you may receive:
- If you get an error message sent to you via email saying there were errors updating records, you'll need to track down the source of the errors. You get this message if any of your organizations, volunteer opportunities or occurrences are missing required information. (This can happen if you delete records from salesforce that are used by other records :-(
- To track down Volunteer Opportunities that may be missing required information, run the report "Missing Information- VO" in the reports tab. It'll show you any opportunities that are missing required fields. If you need help fixing up these 'corrupted' opportunities, open a zendesk ticket or come to a lab for help.
- To track down Occurrences that may be missing required information, run the report "Missing Information-Occ" in the reports tab. It'll show you any occurrences that are missing required fields. If you need help fixing up these 'corrupted' occurrences, open a zendesk ticket or come to a lab for help.
- You can ignore any errors related to volunteer opportunities and/or occurrences that are "Self-Reported Volunteer Hours". These are special records used for self-reporting - and cannot be edited or changed. its not necessary for the bulk update of opportunity approval manager to make changes to these records.
Double-check that the global update was successful
Go check some Volunteer Opportunity records or create a list view of volunteer opportunities including the Opportunity Approval Manager field to make sure they were globally updated. Sometimes if there is bad data in your system, the batch update will not work properly. If you find not all Opportunity Approval Manager fields have the new manager's name, please open a ZenDesk help ticket so we can help diagnose the issue.
Change Opportunity Approval Manager Group Members
Change Group Members
1) In the Search box select Users and 2) then add the new Opportunity Approval Manager and 3) remove the old Opportunity Manager and 4) click Save. This will change the recipient of the Occurrence Approval Requested and Opportunity Approval Requested email alerts to the new Opportunity Approval Manager.
Note: If you have multiple people in your organization who review and approve opportunities, you can add as many people as you wish to this group.
Update two email alerts: "Occurrence Approval Requested" and "Recurrence Approval Requested"
Go to Setup / Create / Workflows & Approvals / Email Alerts and update the Recipients field for two email alerts: "Occurrence Approval Requested" and "Recurrence Approval Requested"
Recommended Recipients for these two alerts:
\L 1) If only one opportunity approval manager is used or you want ALL your opportunity approval managers to receive email notifications, set the recipient to: Group: Opportunity Approval Manager. This will send the email alert to everyone in the group you updated in the step above.
(i.e. ALL opportunity approval managers will receive emails for all opportunities.)
(Set search to Group, in order to find the Opportunity Approval Manager Group)
2) If you use different opportunity approval managers for each organization (i.e. one person has agencies on the west side, another covers agencies on the east side), then set recipient to: Email Field: Opportunity Approval Manager Email. In this scenario -- only the one person assigned as the opportunity approval manager for their organization will receive the email alerts, based on who was designated as Opportunity Approval Manager for that organization's opportunities.
(Set search to Email Field, in order to find the email field, Opportunity Approval Manager Email.
Note: The email alert "Opportunity Approval Requested" is no longer used.
Update two task records:
Next go to Setup/App Setup/Create/Worklow & Approvals and 1) click on Tasks, 2) click on edit next to Occurrence Approval Requested, and after completing that (see below) you'll do the same for 3) Recurrence Approval Requested.
Change Task Assignment
In edit mode go to Assigned To and do a lookup to the new Opportunity Approval Manager and click Save. Now you are all set for your new Opportunity Approval Manager to start receiving notifications when new occurrences are submitted or edited.
Now repeat this for the Task "Request Approval Requested" -- so that when a recurrence is submitted a task will be created.
Only one person in your organization can be assigned to a task.