Form Validations for Dates
When adding a date or date/time field to a HOC form, you have a variety of validation options available
When adding a date or date/time field to a HOC form (standalone or as part of the ARS), you now have additional validation options for the dates that can be entered into the form:
1. Allow Time (select Yes if you wish both a date and time to be supplied)
• You can choose the format you wish the time to be entered in if you select 'yes
2. Assign Current date/time by default (will pre-enter today's date in the form). Can be edited by the user if they don't wish to use today's date.
3. Allow only Future Dates. When selected, you also have the option of allowing the current date as well
You can also set a limit to the maximum days in the future that can be entered.
4. Allow only past dates. This offers the same options when selected....
5. Validation depends on another date field
You can make a date field in the form dependent on the answer given to another date field in the form. If enabled, you select a logical operator (i.e. greater than, less than or equal), and which field it is dependent on:
These validation options give you greater control over what dates can be entered into a form you create, and allow for much more robust forms that use dates.